VOLUNTEER WITH US
Tandem is completely volunteer powered and that’s exactly what makes the festival the special, welcoming place that it is. Whether you want to learn skills, make friends or just enjoy an awesome festival for free, we’d love to have you on the team.
Sign up here by midnight 18th June
To volunteer at the festival, you have 3 ways of helping: Build Up, Happening & Take Down. Build Up will enable you to shape the Festival then enjoy it freely. Happening is during the festival itself. With Take Down, you give yourself extra time to Tandemise yourself.
To volunteer with us you need to commit to 3 x 4 – 6 hour shift (one per day), with breaks. If you have mates volunteering, we’ll do our best to match you up with them! In return you get:
- 1 free ticket to the festival
- 3 free meals of scrumptious food (we can cater for dietary requirements apart from severe nut allergies)
- to be part of a great bunch of volunteers who will be part of your festival family!
There are loads of different jobs available from decorating to stewarding to stage managing. Here are some examples of ‘Happening’ roles:
- kitchen crew (helping in our festie kitchen to help feed our lovely volunteering crew)
- stewarding (friendly faces helping making things extra great stage-side, in the car park, or at other entry or exit points to site)
- box office (the welcoming faces to Tandem!)
- compost-toilet titans! (you’ll be the heroes that help keep the festival loos in ship-shape & you can learn about how they were built at the same time!)
Any question, please email:- firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be running a volunteer induction session on 17th June from 12-3.30pm at the festival site. It would be great if you could come to one of these days so you can get to know the site, get to know your fellow volunteers and learn some useful volunteering skills! Please contact email@example.com if you can make this.
NEW FOR 2018 – VOLUNTEER DEPOSIT SCHEME
Please note this year we will require all volunteers to pay a deposit of the cost of one full price ticket to secure your volunteer place. We had a number of volunteers pull out at the last minute in 2017 which was really tricky for us to manage so we are putting the deposit in place to encourage volunteers to commit to volunteering. If you will struggle to pay a deposit for any reason, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this further.
If you want to join our year-round organising volunteers, come along to an open meeting.